Researchers claim that hot wax treatments are helpful in treating severe joint aches occurring at the elbows, knees, hands or feet. Leading spas have been accommodating numerous therapies in recent times which can cure people of their arthritis aches and pains.
What is Paraffin Wax Treatment?
In this treatment, paraffin wax is melted to a certain degree of temperature. Then the aching hand or feet is dipped into the melted wax in a way so as to form a layer of coating over the dipped areas of the skin. As you remove the dipped parts from the solution, the wax begins to dry and has a cooling effect. Dip again after the wax dries over your feet or hands and pull out like before thereby giving a double coat to the area under stress or pain.
Trap the Heat
The next step is to cover the coated region with a towel to trap the heat from the paraffin wax. This heat cures the joint and muscle aches which arise on account of diseases like arthritis and fibromyalgia. After application, remove the wax, which can be easily peeled off. Discard the wax peel, and do not place it back in the paraffin wax bath or solution again.
Wax makes skin glow
Paraffin wax treatment also increases the blood circulation in the body which further contributes in lending a nourished and healthy exterior to the skin. This therapy introduces one to a renewed and healing experience where the pores of the skin open further for the entry of healthy nutrients that help in making the skin look more soft and supple.
What is paraffin wax?
Paraffin wax is derived from refined crude mineral oil, and though it is colourless and odourless, scented oil can be added to it while preparing a paraffin wax bath or solution which will yield the effects of aromatherapy as well. Paraffin wax is non toxic and does not react with other substances to cause any harm to the skin.
Options for Receiving Such a Treatment
One can settle for a home wax kit where the treatment can be self-conducted without much haste and with comfort and ease. The other option would be to visit a spa or salon for such treatment where professionals will be at your service. However, ensure that the conditions are safe and hygienic for you. People should pursue this treatment on a daily basis for achieving maximum comfort.
Though a paraffin wax treatment is very effective for healing joints aches, refrain from this treatment if you are already suffering from the following conditions:
- If your skin is sensitive to wax and if you are already suffering from some kind of skin condition like dermatitis, burns or rashes, etc.
- Do not apply on open and vulnerable wounds or inflamed skin.
- Consult a doctor to detect if you have a decreased sensation or if you are suffering from peripheral vascular diseases. For example, this treatment can lead to abnormal sensations and hinders circulation if you are diabetic.
- Do not resort to this therapy if you are highly sensitive to heat.
Tips to Apply Paraffin Wax
Follow these procedures and instructions carefully in order to help yourself ease the pain that has settled so deep into your joints and muscles:
- Clear the hands and feet off all the nail paints before applying the wax.
- Make sure that each time you dip the portion to the same level.
- Between each immersion wait for the wax to dry and the shine to disappear.
- If you are using a brush to apply the wax then sterilize the brush by heating it prior to application.
- Avoid cracking the coats when it dries up by bending your fingers or toes.
- Leave the coat on the area for at least ten to fifteen minutes.
- More layers mean more heat. So try giving the area several coats.
The paraffin wax treatment has been effective not only for curing health ailments like arthritis but has become popular from the cosmetic point of view as well. Therapeutic properties of paraffin have been recognized since ancient times. So engage in paraffin wax treatment to dip your aches away.