Young children are usually affected by juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Experts are of the opinion that physical and occupational remedies can help reduce the symptoms of the disease effectively. Explore the benefits of natural cures to treat juvenile arthritis in the article below.
Juvenile Arthritis, also known as Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, is the most common type of arthritis that targets children below the age of 16. It is a chronic condition where the symptoms last over a long period of time.
There are no initial symptoms for juvenile arthritis. This period is called the â€œremissionâ€ period. Over a few months joints begin to flare up, stiffen and pain. The juvenile arthritis disease is categorized as Systemic, Pauciarticular and Polyarticular. This categorization is based on the symptoms suffered by the children in the first six months.
Treatment for Juvenile Arthritis
Treatments available for juvenile arthritis are listed here below:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen are usually recommended by the doctor for reducing the pain and swelling at joints.
- Steroids or cortisone injections are also sometimes prescribed by the doctors but with caution and thorough examination.
- Children suffering from several joint inflammations over a long period of time are given modifying anti-rheumatic drugs.
- In critical juvenile arthritis conditions, oral cortisones like prednisone is often prescribed.
- The doctor may suggest a physical therapist for protecting further joint damage and inflammation.
- Splints can be attached to the joints at night for reducing the pain, swelling and stiffness. With the availability of â€œworking splintsâ€ children can wear splints during the day as well.
- Exercises help in increasing the mobility and strength of joints.
- Rest and protection is also essential for preventing further damage of the joints and tissues.
Herbal Remedies for Juvenile Arthritis
Herbal remedies for treating juvenile arthritis symptoms include the following:
- The arthcare oil or capsule which is a herbal formula.
- The boswellia serrata herb which controls inflammatory conditions.
- The withania somniferum which is an Asian plant from the potato family.
- Ginger roots are effective for reducing pain and inflammation.
Kitchen remedies for Juvenile Arthritis
Some kitchen remedies for juvenile arthritis are listed here below:
- Mix Epsom salt in warm water to bathe.
- Rose hip can be used to strengthen the tissues and joint.
- Apply garlic to the affected area for relief from the pain and swelling.
- Drink raw potato juice for ultimate relief from the pain and swelling.
- Mix two teaspoons of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey in water and drink it every morning.
- Drink a mixture of honey and cider vinegar with warm water every morning.
- Drink cucumber and carrot juice daily.
- One teaspoon of turmeric with warm water should be taken every morning.
- Alfalfa tea is also beneficial for reducing the symptoms of juvenile arthritis.
- Apply sandalwood paste or hot vinegar over the affected joint to reduce pain and inflammation.
Homeopathy Medicines for Juvenile Arthritis
Common homeopathy medicines for juvenile arthritis are listed here below:
- Ledum palustre
- Bryonia alba
- Actaea spicata
- Lycopodium clavatum
- Kalmia latifolia
All treatments and remedies focus on reducing the inflammation, pain and stiffness of joints. Exercise, ginger tea and turmeric are considered to be very effective for achieving maximum bone healthy and endurance. Consult a doctor or therapist to guide you through a suitable and safe remedy for reducing the symptoms of juvenile arthritis.