Herbal, home and homeopathic remedies are natural treatments used extensively for reducing thumb arthritis symptoms. Natural remedies have no side effects and also heal and/or repair cartilages between the thumb and wrist in a natural way. Discover the most suitable and reasonable remedy for yourself by reading the article below.
Natural treatments are always a preferred solution for arthritis sufferers. Inflammation accompanied with pain and stiffness is the most visible symptom of arthritis. Thumb arthritis can also be reduced with the intake natural herbs, kitchen remedies or homeopathy treatment. Leaving little or no scope for side effects to creep in, these natural remedies have acquired great significance since ages.
Herbal Remedies for Thumb Arthritis
Herbs essential for treating thumb arthritis include the following:
- Turmeric extracts called curcumin acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and works well when taken thrice daily. The amount to be taken should be discussed with your doctor.
- Ginger mixed in a cup of tea can also help in reducing joint inflammations and pain.
- Chinese Skullcap is another herb proven to be effective for curing thumb arthritis symptoms.
- The New Zealand Green-lipped Mussel also contains anti-inflammatory properties that are effective for curing joint problems.
- Extracts from the barks of lobelia and cramp trees can also help treat thumb arthritis symptoms.
Discuss the quantity and frequency of the herbs to be taken with your doctor.
Home Remedies for Thumb Arthritis
Home or kitchen remedies for thumb arthritis can include the following:
- A gentle oil massage with olive oil is reasonable and effective.
- Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as they contain essential vitamins, minerals and calcium.
- Prepare a juice with potato extracts and water. Drink it every morning.
- Apply or massage the thumb with vinegar.
- Prepare massage oil with garlic, sprague and mustard oil. Apply it around the areas of the thumb.
- Massage the area with camphor and mustard oil.
- Mix Epsom salt in your bathing water.
- Drink fresh water every morning in empty stomach. This clears the bowel movements and helps in arthritis treatment.
- A paraffin wax treatment also works effectively for thumb arthritis symptoms.
- A hot water bath, a heat wrap or heating pads are other measures to reduce thumb pain.
Homeopathy Medicines for Thumb Arthritis
Homeopathy is specific to the needs of a person and is therefore preferred to other prescribed medications. It is also an inexpensive treatment and doesn’t need to be taken too often.
After analyzing your medical history and present condition, the doctor will finally arrive on a homeopathic solution for you. So, treat the visible symptoms of thumb arthritis now by trying any of the above natural cures.