Herbal, home and homeopathic remedies have acquired renewed significance in curbing the symptoms of Lyme arthritis. Owing to the fact roots and herbs contain antioxidant properties; it is a much preferred solution for most arthritis sufferers today. Find ways to manage your joint pain and swelling with the help of natural cures listed in the article below.
Natural remedies seem to be the order of the day for treating every ailment of late. Researchers are of the opinion that plants and herbs contain antioxidants that help in clearing the body off all impurities. Lyme arthritis typically affects the knee joints. This disease is caused due to tick bites that carry the Burgdorferi bacterium. The wear and tear of cartilages at the knee joint is the result of this bacterium.
Experts believe that herbal extracts, kitchen remedies and homeopathic medicines can help reduce the symptoms of Lyme arthritis. This is brought about by gradually clearing the joints off all impurities and by pumping fresh blood into the affected areas.
Herbal Remedies for Lyme Arthritis
Studies show that herbs strengthen and tone the immune system. Herbal extracts are available in three forms namely dried, glycerine or alcohol extracts. Consider the following herbs for managing your knee joint pain:
- Green tea extracts from the carnellia sinensis herb contains anti-inflammatory properties helpful for curing joint pain and swelling.
- The Ginkgo extract taken thrice daily is a powerful antioxidant.
- The Catâ€™s Claw extract also contains powerful antioxidant properties.
- The Reishi Mushroom extract taken thrice daily can also help in building the immunity levels and in reducing the inflammation and pain at joints.
- The Olive leaf extract taken thrice daily again helps in curing joint pain.
- Garlic can also help in reducing the symptoms of Lyme arthritis and in building the immunity levels of the body.
Kitchen or Home Remedies for Lyme Arthritis
Kitchen remedies for reducing the symptoms of Lyme arthritis are listed here below:
- Include fresh fruits and vegetable in your diet as they are rich in antioxidants.
- Use healthy cooking oils like olive and/or vegetable oil.
- Grape juice and pectin containing gelatin powders like certo are effective for treating joint pain.
- 1 to 2 capsules or 1 tablespoon of fish oil can reduce inflammation and improve immunity levels.
- Take multivitamin tablets everyday or alter your diet to include essential vitamins, minerals and calcium.
Homeopathy Medicines for Lyme Arthritis
Homeopathic remedies are usually recommended after examining the mental, physical and intellectual states of a person. Studies show that in some cases, the homeopaths do not consider the three states. They simply suggest remedies specific to a person and that which suits the individualâ€™s needs.
Some homeopathic remedies for Lyme arthritis include the following:
- Arsenicum album
- Borellia burgdorferi nosode
- Lac canimum
Acupuncture, stress management and chiropractic therapies are other alternatives for relieving pain from joints, increasing mobility and range of motion. Discuss the suitability and effectiveness of any treatment with your doctor for managing the symptoms of Lyme arthritis.