Knee arthritis is a common complaint for most people today. Many people seem to prefer plant extracts in the form of herbal or homeopathic remedies for treating knee arthritis. Explore the benefits of using natural remedies to manage and cure knee pain, swelling and stiffness.
Alternative therapies for treating knee arthritis have been increasing in recent times. This indicates an increasing importance for knee joint inflammations, its early detection and prevention techniques. Healing procedures include many herbal, homoeopathic and home remedies.
Researchers claim that inflammation is an autoimmune reaction to injury or bacterial invasion to the immune system. The body therefore undergoes serious and complex cellular and biochemical reactions when a finger is burnt, sprained or when a bacteria is successful in causing streptococcal infection.
Studies recognize the importance of conventional, complementary and natural remedies that are capable of reducing inflammation, rigidity and pain of knee joints. Consider the following treatments for the same:
Herbal remedies are been used since centuries now but science is reporting its benefits in recent times only. The herbal treatment for knee arthritis works more slowly than conventional medical drugs but they are effective for reducing the symptoms of knee arthritis.
These herbal preparations were clinically proven to be effective for treating knee arthritis:
- Devil’s claw
- Gamma linolenic acid
- Cat’s claw
- The barks of white willow tree
For herbal supplements like oral pills, tablets, capsules, lotions, sprays, etc consult a doctor. It is always wise to use standardized preparations of herbs. They are effective in the sense that they contain the right proportions of the ingredient required to heal your ailing knee joint.
Successful home remedies for solving knee pain or arthritis include the following measures:
- Do away with canned and processed food
- Avoid fried food, sugar and caffeine
- Identify food allergens as they can aggravate arthritis conditions
- Arthritis sufferers have adverse reactions to potatoes, tomatoes, pepper, corn and eggs
- Take glucosamine sulfate after consulting a doctor
- Chondroitin can also be taken to reduce knee arthritis symptoms
- Use ginger to reduce the painful effects caused by COX-2 enzymes
- Controlled exercises like Tai Chi and Yoga are also helpful in curing knee joint inflammations and pain
- Heat and cold compressors
- Dip your knee into a hot bath
- Pain relief creams can be applied to the knee but with the due recommendation of a doctor as it can cause adverse reactions to the skin or pain
Scientific studies have revealed that homeopathy medicines are useful for treating knee inflammations and pain. Classical homeopathy medicines that help in the same include the following:
- Rhus Toxicodendron is one such homeopathy treatment for stiff knee joints. It helps when cold compressors do not work but heat compressors reduce the pain significantly.
- Calcarea Carbonica is effective for treating knee joint pains resulting from overweight. The condition is often aggravated or worsened by cold compressors and/or damp conditions.
- Calcarea Fluorica is effective for treating knee arthritis caused by a past injury or damage.
- Kali Carbonicum is effective for comforting permanently swollen or deformed joints.
Enjoy the benefits of herbal, home and homeopathy remedies for treating your inflamed and aching knee joints. Consult a doctor or physician before resorting to any treatment or remedy.