Studies show that natural cures are helpful in reducing the symptoms of cervical arthritis by flushing the system off all impurities. This is true of herbs like neem, guggulu, ginger oil and rhus tox that help reduce neck inflammation and pain. Explore the benefits of herbs, kitchen remedies and homeopathy medicines for treating the symptoms of cervical arthritis in the following article.
Herbal, home and homeopathic remedies are the most sought after solutions in modern times for curing the symptoms of cervical arthritis. Pain, inflammation and limited movement of the neck are the common symptoms of cervical arthritis. Natural remedies are preferred to medication and drugs because they clean the immune system off all impurities naturally.
Herbal Remedies for Cervical Arthritis
Common herbs for treating the symptoms of cervical arthritis include the following:
- Neem flowers or leaves are effective for treating the symptoms of cervical arthritis.
- Singhanada Guggulu can be mixed with hot milk or hot water and taken for curing the symptoms of cervical arthritis.
- Punarnavadi Guggulu also helps in controlling inflammation and pain.
- Pirant oil can be used for massaging the muscles.
- Mahanarayan taila is also an effective herb for treating the symptoms of cervical arthritis.
Home Remedies for Cervical Arthritis
Kitchen remedies for treating the symptoms of cervical arthritis are listed here below:
- Coconut oil mixed with camphor can be used to massage the neck muscles.
- Garlic can be taken daily in empty stomach.
- Increase the intake of Omega 3 fatty acids that can reduce the inflammation and pain. Fish varieties like salmon, sardines and herring are rich in Omega 3 oils.
- Alfalfa tea taken twice daily.
- Lemon juice mixed with honey and warm water can also reduce the symptoms of cervical arthritis.
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric powder mixed in warm water can help reduce neck inflammation and pain.
- Walnuts eaten 2-3 times daily in empty stomach also helps reduce the symptoms of cervical arthritis.
- Massage the affected area with hot vinegar.
- Apply sandalwood paste on the affected area of the neck.
- Soak yourself in warm water mixed with Epsom salt.
- Pineapple juice reduces the swelling and pain.
- Fruit pectin and cranberry juice can also help reduce the symptoms.
- Ginger oil is used for an effective massage therapy.
- Emu oil can also be massaged with on the inflamed and painful areas of the neck.
- Headaches can be done away through exercise.
Homeopathy Medicines for Cervical Arthritis
Most common homeopathy medicines for controlling the symptoms of cervical arthritis are listed here below:
- Rhus toxicodendron for reducing the inflammation, pain and stiffness in the affected areas of the neck.
- Kalmia Latifolia is used when the fingers, hands or arms become numb.
- Paris Quadrifolia is also taken to increase sensation.
- Guaicum for reducing stiff and painful necks.
- Lachnanthes for curing pain and stiffness of the neck.
- Calcarea Flour for dissolving the overgrowth of bones on the vertebrae.
Neem, ginger oil and rhus toxicodendron are not readily available but very effective for healing the symptoms of cervical spondylosis.
Modern day life is preoccupied with hectic and disturbed patterns of living. This trend is often associated with our recreational and occupational habits. For instance, sitting in front of the computer or television screens can put great pressure on our spine and neck muscles. Experts therefore emphasize that lifestyle modifications are essential to prevent the onset of cervical arthritis.