Ginger for arthritis is a natural and effective cure. Ginger contains effective anti inflammatory properties with the help of which you can heal your aching joints. Take heed to notice how you could make it a part of your life. Read on to learn how Ginger for arthritis treatment can benefit you.
Ginger is a perennial herb that grows in the fertile soils of many countries like China, India, Mexico and others. It is a natural spice that is well appreciated for its medicinal properties. Studies conducted by the University of Miami recently suggested that ginger is an effective treatment for arthritis as it contains anti-inflammatory properties.
Researchers further claim that the root of ginger contains active compounds like shogaol, zingerone and gingerol that are important antioxidants for clearing the impurities of the body. The ancient Ayurvedic traditions in India and traditional medicine China have been depending on ginger as an effective remedy for treating the inflamed and aching joints.
In fact a recent study conducted by US researchers showed that pills containing ginger extracts equal the capacities of most conventional painkillers of today.
Why is Ginger Effective for Arthritis?
Ginger is effective for treating arthritis conditions like joint inflammations and pains because it contains the following properties:
- It is an anti inflammatory agent that helps in reducing joint inflammations.
- With its warming effects it comforts the joint sores.
- It contains important antioxidants that clear the joints off all impurities and allows fresh blood to flow into the aching areas.
- It improves flexibility and movement of muscles and bones.
The Miami study was conducted on about 250 patients. They were suffering from either moderate or acute conditions of osteoarthritis. These patients were fed with pills containing ginger extracts. About two thirds of the patients were relieved from their aching joints.
Techniques to Include Ginger in Your Daily Life
Ginger can be included with the help of the following applications:
- Ginger oil massage can ease the aching spine or joints as it is commonly applied in Japan.
- It can be included in a beverage like tea as in China where the tang of ginger tea is often recommended for treating coughs, colds, etc.
- Another effective way is to use hot ginger compressors and baths for inflamed and aching joints.
A comprehensive study on ginger benefits is yet to be conducted. The studies and testimonials given by several arthritis sufferers however cannot be ignored or written off. Ginger therefore continues to be a preferred solution for treating gout and arthritis conditions.
Why is Ginger for Arthritis a Preferred Solution?
Ginger is one of the most viable options for arthritis sufferers because of the following reasons:
- Ginger is completely safe to eat or apply, but in moderate quantities.
- It is available at cheap and affordable rates.
- It is easily available at any store.
Ginger consumption can only aid the unfavourable conditions of the body. Ensure to drink, eat or apply enough of it to soothe your stiff and aching joints.
People allergic to ginger should not take it in any form. Ginger is said to cause heartburn among a few people. Do consult your doctor, rheumatologist or physician before developing a loyalty towards ginger for arthritis for curing your joint aches.