When you discuss the particular symptoms with the family doctor, you may be suggested to refer a rheumatologist, the specialist in treating joint problems.
What you need to do?
It would be better if you prepare ahead by making a list of –
- Description on the symptoms you developed, their onset and any condition that made them worse or better
- Data about the medical conditions you suffered earlier
- Data about the medical conditions of your family
- Medications and diet you took
- Any more queries you want to clear with the physician
What to expect from the physician?
During the appointment, the physician may completely examine you. He/she will check the joints for redness, swelling and warmness, and notices how well you can move the joints.