Living Well with Psoriatic Arthritis Fatigue
One of the most common symptoms experienced by people suffering from psoriatic arthritis is fatigue. There could be number of factors leading to fatigue among people suffering from psoriatic arthritis. Some of the major factors leading to psoriatic arthritis fatigue are listed below:
- Improper sleep
- Poor nutrition
Top 10 Tips to Manage Psoriatic Arthritis Fatigue
As mentioned above there are numbers of factors causing fatigue among people suffering from psoriatic arthritis. To perform all daily activities properly it is necessary to overcome fatigue. Listed below top 10 tips to overcome psoriatic arthritis fatigue:
- Be Flexible with Your Daily Schedule: Once you are diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis, be prepared for changes in your lifestyle. When you are tired it is advisable to take a small break and lie down for a while. It is better to do small works like packing lunch, laying clothes in night itself rather than leaving it for morning.
- Do Regular Exercise Moderate amount of exercise for at least 30 minutes is sufficient to keep you energized. Try to make a combination of strength building and aerobic exercises. Besides strengthening your muscles and bones strong it will keep your heart healthy.
- Important Things First: Remember that with a chronic condition like psoriatic arthritis you can’t do all your work. Hence it is essential to prioritize your work and do important things first with limited energy and time.
- Share and Seek Help: It is good to share your experience with people undergoing the same condition. Sharing will help you understand and manage your situation in a better way. You can join an online community or associations near-by your house.
- Take Correct Diet: It is essential that you don’t skip your meals. Make sure that integrate proteins, unsaturated fats, complex carbohydrates in your diet. Try to eat nutritious and well balanced diet.
- Give Support to Your Joints: Additional support like braces or supporting footwear will help in reducing pain of tender and swollen joints.
- Get Enough Sleep: Proper and complete rest is essential for people suffering from psoriatic arthritis as they experience additional stress. For good sleep hygiene it is advisable to avoid caffeine, alcohol and heavy food before going to bed. Make sure that you follow a routine this will ensure proper and complete rest to your body.
- Cure Depression: Besides fatigue people with psoriatic arthritis suffer from depression. Hence it is essential to find a way to treat depression this will make you feel energetic.
- Get Rid of Stress: High levels of stress worsen the psoriatic arthritis fatigue condition. Hence it is important to practice stress reduction techniques.
- Do Something Enjoyable: Try to find some time to do things you love or enjoy to do. This is a good way to energize yourself.